New Zealand manuka honey is one of the most popular natural skincare ingredients available on the market today.
It has a number of benefits when applied topically that makes it useful for both medicinal and beauty purposes.
So, it makes sense to include it in a soap.
It means you don’t have to slather raw honey on your face to get its effects.
You can use it whenever you take a wash.
In this article, we review the best products that you can buy online. We take a quick look at why it’s great for your skin. And present a shortlist of our favorites:
Our top picks at a glance:
- Buncha Farmers All Natural Manuka Honey Soap Bar
- Pacific Resources Soap, Manuka & Sea Salt
- Seven 7 Organic Manuka Honey Moisturizing Soap Bar
Why You Should Use It
The benefits of manuka honey soap make it a great addition to your skincare routine. Here are some of the ways that honey helps your skin:
- Moisturizer – it acts as a humectant helping to attract and hold water
- Anti-aging – It contains protective antioxidants (1). And exfoliates dead skin cells reducing fine lines and blemishes.
- Soothes inflammation – It can calm irritation and inflammation’
- Acne – It has antibacterial properties that can kill harmful bacteria on your skin (2).
- Skin conditions – It can help with dry skin conditions such as dermatitis and eczema.
Buying Guide: How To Choose The Soap
Here’s the main thing to consider:
Exactly what are you putting on your skin?
Ideally, you want to see plenty of natural ingredients that are gentle and beneficial for the skin.
Instead of a long list of synthetic chemicals.
So it’s a good idea to check what else is in the manuka soap before you buy.
Not all chemicals are bad for you and have to be avoided.
But, in particular, you want to stay away from products that include:
- Mineral oil
- Artificial fragrances
These are common causes of skin irritation.
Unfortunately, a lot of soaps contain at least one and sometimes a few of these ingredients.
Which rules out a number of popular brands.
We are also not a big fan of ingredients such as tetrasodium EDTA. Which again, is commonly found in soaps.
All of our favorite soaps listed below are free from these potentially harmful additives.
The Top Soaps Reviewed
This might come as a shock to you:
But it was hard to find products that met our criteria for using safe, healthy, and beneficial ingredients.
Products that we are are happy to recommend to you because of their quality.
These are our manuka honey soap reviews:
- Oatmeal which provides antioxidants and helps to heal skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Lavender which soothes inflammation and fights acne.
- Lemongrass which is antiseptic and astringent.
It also includes a mix of olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, and canola oil which have moisturizing, antibacterial, and soothing properties for the skin.
People report that it creates a good lather and that it’ s not drying for the skin. Instead, leaving skin soft and smooth.
It comes in a 120g bar.
In addition to the Manuka, it contains:
- Olive oil and sweet almond oil to moisturize the skin.
- Shea butter and cocoa butter to moisturize and soothe inflammation.
- Goats milk to fight acne and provide nutrients.
- Sea salt to cleanse pores and exfoliate dead skin.
It leaves the skin feeling clean and has a healthy and natural smell that people enjoy. It’s gentle on sensitive skin and helps to improve its condition and appearance.
It comes in a 99g bar.
It contains the following additional ingredients:
- Coconut oil, sunflower oil, and avocado oil to moisturize and protect the skin.
- Shea butter to soothe and moisturize.
- Aloe leaf juice to heal skin conditions and soothe inflammation.
- Neem oil to fight acne.
- Calendula extract to provide antioxidants.
Most people enjoy the results they get from using this soap. But some people say they expected more from it as part of their skin care routine.
This product comes in a 160g bar.
This type of soap is a good choice for people who struggle with skin conditions or infections.
It’s also useful for natural beauty enthusiasts because of the moisturizing and anti-aging benefits it provides.
Our top recommended brand is Buncha Farmers.