If you’re looking for a great natural moisturizer then look no further than almond oil.
It’s light and easily absorbed and hydrates dry skin without feeling greasy.
And its beauty uses don’t stop there:
It also improves your complexion, reduces the appearance of wrinkles, and soothes the skin.
And will leave your hair looking shiny and feeling smooth.
But, with so many different products available, how do you find the best one?
In our comprehensive buying guide, we’ll show you the key things to look for when selecting the best almond oil for skin and hair.
And we review our choice of the top brands.
Our top almond oil picks at a glance:
- Sky Organics Pure Sweet Almond Oil – Our Best Choice, A Long Lasting Product Of High Quality
- Mother Nature’s Essentials Almond Oil
- Now Solutions Sweet Almond Oil
- US Organic Sweet Almond Kernel Oil
ZonglePure Almond Oil
* All links go to Amazon
You can find our reviews of the best products below the buying guide.
- 1 Buying Guide: How To Choose
- 2 The Best Almond Oil Brands – Reviews
- 3 Conclusion
Buying Guide: How To Choose
Almond oil has many benefits for the skin and hair. Its amazing properties include:
- Moisturizing – It hydrates the skin. Leaving it feeling and looking soft, smooth, and supple.
- Anti-aging – It contains powerful antioxidants. These protect the skin from the damage that leads to lines and wrinkles (1).
- Dark circles – It has a positive reputation for helping with dark circles under the eyes.
- Acne – It can help with acne treatment. Either on its own as a cleanser, or used as a carrier oil for other acne-fighting ingredients.
- Eczema and psoriasis – Its anti-inflammatory properties make it an effective natural remedy for itchy skin conditions (2).
- Hair – It moisturizes brittle hair. And some people claim it helps hair growth when rubbed into the scalp.
It’s easy to see why it’s become such a popular carrier oil and natural moisturizer.
But, although there are many natural almond oils available on the market, the quality varies.
And if you’re using it for its beauty benefits, you want a high-quality product.
So, these are the important things to look at before you buy:
Make Sure You’re Buying Sweet Almond Oil
Okay, here’s the thing:
There are two different types of natural almond oil, sweet and bitter.
It’s the sweet almond oil that you want to look for. This is the one that’s usually used for cosmetic purposes.
Sweet almond oil is a carrier oil that helps to moisturize.
Whereas bitter almond oil is an essential oil that’s only used in small quantities for its smell and taste.
Make sure you get the right one.
Is The Oil Organic?
If you can, it’s always best to buy an organic almond oil.
Why is this important?
Well, oils that are not organic may contain toxic pesticide residues. Or leftover chemicals from the extraction process.
And, unfortunately, these can absorb into your skin.
I’m sure you’ll agree, that’s something to avoid.
We’re trying to take care of our skin, so the healthiest choice is the best.
Sweet almond oil made without unwanted chemicals may cost more, but it’s worth it.
Because organically grown plants also contain higher levels of phytonutrients that are beneficial.
The best organic almond oil should be USDA certified.
Because any brand can make the claim. But without certification, there’s no proof.
Is The Oil Cold Pressed?
Sweet almond oil is extracted from raw almonds using a ‘cold pressed’ method.
This means that no excess heat is used in the process.
You see, there’s a problem with other methods of extraction:
They can involve the use of high temperatures to extract as much oil as possible from the nuts.
This destroys some of the important phytochemicals. Resulting in a lower quality oil.
But, cold-pressing keeps a high level of these nutrients.
Making sure that it has the full range of natural benefits for your skin.
Is The Oil Pure?
Make sure that the sweet almond oil you are buying is 100% pure by checking the ingredients list.
Products that are not pure may be a blend that also contains other natural oils and additives.
Which sometimes are not clearly advertised on the product sales page online.
The Best Almond Oil Brands – Reviews
For our reviews, we’ve used the ideal criteria in our buying guide to choose the best sweet almond oil brands:
Sky Organics Pure Sweet Almond Oil
This is the top product in our reviews.
This sweet almond oil comes in a large 16 oz bottle with a flip top lid.
It’s 100% pure and cold pressed. This is a high-quality company with an excellent reputation for organic skincare.
The older bottles didn’t show the USDA certification on the label, but the newer ones have it printed quite clearly.
This oil is good for all skin types: dry, combination, oily, and sensitive skin.
People report that it leaves their skin feeling soft and smooth to the touch. But, without feeling greasy when applied in moderation.
It’s good for rashes and eczema. And many people also use this almond oil as a makeup remover and face cleanser.
It also goes well on cracked lips and soothes irritation and inflammation after shaving the face and body.
We’d prefer the oil to be in a glass bottle rather than plastic. But this is also reflected in the cost, and the plastic is PET, which is BPA free.
If you want a high-quality sweet almond oil in a glass bottle then take a look at our recommendations further below.
- Effective moisturizer
- Improves skin tone
- Soothes inflammation
- Works well for cleansing
- Leaves hair feeling soft
- Top value – 16 fluid ounces of sweet almond oil
- Plastic instead of glass, but it is BPA free
Mother Nature’s Essentials Sweet Almond Oil
This sweet almond oil by Mother Nature’s Essentials comes in an 8 oz amber bottle, made out of PET plastic.
It’s non-GMO and hexane free, and is a completely natural product. And it’s animal cruelty-free, so it’s suitable for use by vegans.
People report that it’s an easily absorbed oil that leaves skin looking soft and hydrated.
It’s great at helping with dark circles and can help with health concerns like acne and eczema.
It can also be used on your nails and cuticles. As well as dry and cracked skin on any other part of your body.
As it’s odorless it’s excellent to use as a carrier oil with other essential oils that have your desired fragrance.
- Makes face and body feel smooth and soft
- It’s helped some customers to reduce dark circles
- Makes hair shine
- Most people consider this product to be odorless
- The product comes in BPA free plastic container
NOW Solutions Pure Sweet Almond Oil
This 100% pure sweet almond oil by NOW comes in an 8 oz bottle.
It’s an organic product and has been extracted by the ‘cold pressed’ method.
It naturally provides long-lasting moisturization and improves your skin complexion when used regularly.
People report an improvement in the appearance of lines on the face when using this product. And many enjoy the fresh nutty smell of this oil.
- Great at moisturizing dry and flaky skin
- Makes a superb natural massage oil for the body
- Wonderful for sensitive skin
- Very faint and pleasant almond smell
- Plastic BPA free container
- A few people have mentioned that the oil sometimes leaks from the lid
US Organic Sweet Almond Kernel Oil
This pure sweet almond oil comes in a 4 oz dark amber glass bottle which helps to protect the oil from sunlight helping it to have a longer shelf-life.
It also comes with a dropper lid for easy use.
The product is made to the best standards in the company’s own USDA certified and GMP certified facility from local California grown almonds.
It’s a light oil that goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly.
- Massages into the skin well
- Adds shine to hair
- Faint natural almond aroma
- The best packaging – it comes in an amber glass bottle
- Smaller than the products that use PET plastic
Zongle Pure Almond Oil
This sweet almond oil from Zongle comes in a 4 oz bottle with a dropper lid.
The glass is dark blue, which protects the oil from the sun similar to amber.
It has a soft nutty scent that makes it a good choice to use as a carrier for essential oils as it won’t mask their fragrance.
- Long-lasting skin hydration
- It has a gentle almond fragrance
- Goes well with essential oils
- The product comes in top quality blue glass
- Small compared to some of the other products
- One report of difficulties with the oil dropper
Sweet almond oil has many beauty benefits. It’s full of fatty acids, vitamins such as vitamin E, and plant phytonutrients that are great for the health of your skin.
It’s one of the best natural moisturizers, provides relief for skin conditions, and helps to reduce the appearance of under eye dark circles.
It also helps to protect you from aging and helps to maintain a more youthful look.
And there are many anecdotal reports that the best almond oil for hair can even help with regrowth.
This has made it a very popular natural beauty ingredient.
But to get the full range of benefits you need to find a high-quality product.
By making sure that it’s cold-pressed, and produced in the right way you can be sure it’s wonderful for your health. And you should have an oil that’s full of the top ingredients that give it its powers.
The best almond oil for face and hair is the one by Sky Organics. It ticks all the boxes and is a great value product coming in a 16 oz container that will last you a long time.